[Samba] Windows and Linux can't access Samba at the same time.

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Feb 12 09:22:05 MST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 13:52 +0000, Adam Barnes wrote:
> Right i'm not making any progress with this and now ive got myself totally
> confused..
> No matter what I try it comes back to the same thing security = share or
> user, all the other settings don't seem to make a difference.
> I can't think of a reason why this would be, I don't know linux well enough
> to know how it passes the credentials.
>
> I really don't know what to try now.

Hi
Maybe move away from the technical aspect a moment? Just a question
which may help us help you. Could you envisage a setup where all the
files you wished to share were stored only on one computer instead of
all over the place?

This doesn't mean to say that users on other computers couldn't now
share files; indeed they still can, but in a much simpler way. If you
can get away from the workgroup idea, I think you'll make this a lot
easier to understand. Once you get domain centralised, you never go
back.
HTH
Steve