[Samba] Fwd: SAMBA 3.6.5 Login fails in Cluster Environment

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:12:02 MST 2014

You need to post a little more info. Is this using smbmount or some variant
to mount a windows server share? Or is this caused by using smbclient ..
And if you have not used smbclient, what happens when you try using that to
authenticate to the windows server -- we assume its a domain. are you using
a domain credential and successfully getting smbclient to connect and then
only getting the failure upon attempts to read/write files on the share?

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:37 AM, kaviyarasu s <kaviemb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi SAMBA Devolpers,
>

> We need your help. we using SAMBA 3.6.5 stable version
>
> When connecting from Linux machine to Windows Server (R) 2008
> Enterprise 6002 Service Pack 2 in Cluster server Environment
>
> File transfer fails .. Due to           "Session Setup AndX Response,
> Error: STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"
>
> NTLMSSP_AUTH,user:Workgroup\t_~___B_L___t8  .... //Junk password and
> Domain name was set as Default workgroup name in between file transfer
> handshake.between client and server
>
> by seeing Net traces we found the above line
>

> Kindly help me to understand the problem.
> Guide me to resolve this login failure problem
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kaviyarasu.S
> --

David Bear