[Samba] Samba 4 mapping share like \\my.domain\sharename

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Feb 11 23:58:41 MST 2014

For all who are interested in this feature: to map shares like [home] or
[sales]... by \\domain.name\ instead of servername,ip(\\host\..)
I did it this way. I did not use the ms aduc to set the "map drive to"  in
the profile section. I just created the home directory there!
Then simply set there my logon script "logon.bat". Placed it in samba4
netlogon, containing simply :  net use S: \\my.domain\home\%USERNAME% (or
any other share!!)
And it was up and running. The advantage: As I have 2 dcs replicating
writing shares to a 2 node glusterfs replicating brick (even NETLOGON and
SYSVOL),  the clients
always can reach their shares as long one of the dcs is online.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen
Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
"Der Mensch ist die Medizin des Menschen"