[Samba] Samba 4 mapping share like \\my.domain\sharename

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Feb 11 07:47:10 MST 2014

Dear all,
Is it possible to map shares this way ex: \\test.loc\testshare. Whre
test.loc is the name of the samba 4 domain.
I tried this with netlogon and syvol both working this way but ex [home] or
any other share [test] will not.
It would be fine if this is possible. It would be usefull in  a environment
of two replicating dcs. When number one is down
the windows clients can find their shares then anyway!?

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen
Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
"Der Mensch ist die Medizin des Menschen"