[Samba] Windows and Linux can't access Samba at the same time.

Adam Barnes adamcbarnes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:33:27 MST 2014

Hi,

Sorry, I tried to keep it brief in case it was a simple mistake that i'd
made.

For the samba username and password on windows ive added the details to the
user credentials,
and on raspbmc I created a new user with the same username and password and
the same uid.

The server is running Ubuntu 12.04.3 server edition, with samba 3.6.3
The config file is:

[global]
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*
%n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
obey pam restrictions = yes
map to guest = bad user
encrypt passwords = true
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passdb backend = tdbsam
wins support = true
dns proxy = no
server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
unix password sync = yes
workgroup = WORKGROUP
os level = 20
#security = share
security = user
map to guest = Bad User
syslog = 0
usershare allow guests = yes
max log size = 1000
pam password change = yes
netbios name = ubuntuserver
client lanman auth = yes
client ntlmv2 auth = no

[Music]
valid users = MD,XB
path = /home/adam/Desktop/Music
write list = MD

follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no

Samba is on raspbmc version 3.6.6. Maybe i've got this totally confused but
I didn't think that this was needed? there are no files shared from raspbmc
it only accesses the files
on the server? The config file is:

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP