[Samba] samba4 best practices questions

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 20:48:29 MST 2014

Dear Joe,

No one had write a complete one yet.
But you can check on this link on the Picture.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_CTDB_GPFS_Cluster_HowTo

You should a small AD Dc server like that maybe 2 just to be safe.

Than only the share will be serve by the samba ctdb cluster with cluster files system Or you files sharing server.

However in over wan.

I would suggest that the wan location with multi user have a samba Read only DC.

Rsync is a good tools for sysvol.
You can setup a 5 mins sync if you need high level synchronization.

I don't have any knowledge about the trust. Can't help you there.

Regards,
Chan Min Wai