[Samba] Two Samba Server (with same Domain Name) on the same subnet??

W Forum W wforumw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 05:30:53 MST 2014

Dear Members,

We have a samba (v3.2.5).domain (workgroup=TESTDOMAIN)  on a debian
server (with opanldap authentication) running for several years.
Now I would like to let this domain temporarily active (due to old
windowsXP client, they will dissaperar  soon).

In the meantime I will setup a second samba server (v3.6.6)
(authentication through another openldap server - running already) with
the same Domain Name (workgroup=TESTDOMAIN) for new windows 7 Clients.

My question: is it possible to run 2 Samba Servers (both preferred
master and domain master) with the same Domain Name without interfering
each other.??

New clients will not be configured in the old Samba Server.

Thanks in advance