[Samba] Samba 4 LDAP + Automounter Maps

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Feb 6 07:17:08 MST 2014

Hello,

I just started evaluating Samba 4 AD DC for a Mixed Environment of
Linux and Windows client machines.

What I have so far is 3 Machines in a virtual environment:
A Windows 7 client machine
A Debian GNU/Linux (7.0) client machine
A Debian GNU/Linux (7.0) server running Samba4 AD DC

Yet missing from the setup is a fileserver providing Samba Shares for
Windows and NFS4 for Linux.

While setting up the Fileserver itself would be straight forward there is
one missing piece left on the Linux client side.

I would need a place to store my Automounter Maps.

While I could well use an Openldad for this purpose I was wondering if the
ldap-server already integrated into Samba 4 AD DC would allow for hosting
automounter Maps in addition to the Standard Windows User, Group and
Computer objects.

Regards

Sven

--
Der "normale Bürger" ist nicht an der TU Dresden und schreibt auch
nicht mit mutt. (Ulli Kuhnle in de.comp.os.unix.discussion)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web