[Samba] Logout script delay

samba1 at nym.hush.com samba1 at nym.hush.com
Wed Feb 5 07:47:50 MST 2014

With Windows 7 and Samba 4, I’m finding that the postexec script
doesn’t execute immediately a user logs out or shuts down their PC.
 As yet, I’m not exactly sure of the time lapse, but it seems to be
a few hours.

The existing Windows XP machines seem to be working fine – ie if
they shutdown the postexec script runs.  The script simply deletes
their login script from the netlogon directory.

Is there a way to have Windows 7 work in the same way?  I’ve looked
at the ‘keepalive’ and ‘deadtime’ parameters, but I don’t want to
muck things up for everyone by having sessions killed off when
they’re still working!  The parameters are at defaults of
keepalive=300 deadtime=0.

Thanks!