[Samba] CLIENTNAME$@SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM vs. host/linuxclient.samdom.example.com

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Wed Feb 5 06:30:31 MST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a system of various Linux (Debian 7) and Windows7
client machines with a Samba 4 AD DC.

Seems to work fine so far, but there is an oddity on the Linux client side.

"kinit -k" does not seem to work using host/linuxclient.samdom.example.com
but works fine using CLIENTNAME$@SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM.

Is this a bug?

Looks strange to me, because the host/... syntax works fine on the "real"
active directory server I'm using on my current systems.

Regards

Sven

--
Trotz der zunehmenden Verbreitung von Linux erfreut sich der Bär,
und - dank Knut - insbesondere der Eisbär, deutlich größerer