[Samba] Standby secondary domain controller

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 5 01:14:07 MST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 07:53 +0100, Daniel Müller wrote:
> The fact is in a windows environment with samba4 ads the master dc is
> populating, replicating in one direction to the other slave dcs not vice
> versa (like Openldap master master replication can).
> This should be a great feature making samba a step ahead of MS.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say here, but a Samba AD
Domain is a multi-master configuration.  There are some FSMO roles, but
the vast majority of operations are conducted equally on any DC, and so
for most purposes, there is no master/slave.

The notable exception is the RODC, but that is a very different beast.

Andrew Bartlett