[Samba] sysvol replication via clustered/distributed file system

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Tue Feb 4 20:29:01 MST 2014

‎Seconded. What I've done on the admittedly small setups so far (not the 1400 RODC deployment) is configure the active DFS owner as read-write and rsync over to the other DCs. And the other DCs have the sysvol share configured read-only.

DFS takes care of directing clients to the RW server should they need to write.

It's worked well so far, there's obviously not a lot of change in the share so a bit of manual intervention when ‎you need to write is acceptable.

M.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.