[Samba] getent passwd and winbind not work

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:37:37 MST 2014

Maybe it is a little late on this topis.

But groups does run...
Just that winbind have a small bugs on getent group

to proof it

try

getent group anySambaLinuxGroupName
You should get the group name with member.

This issue was somehow discover on Aug 2012.
But it was overlook I believes...

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2012-August/168680.html

as usual...
Patch welcome :)