[Samba] Samba4: variables in profilePath

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Tue Feb 4 14:35:02 MST 2014

Hello Diego,

Am 04.02.2014 21:30, schrieb Diego Woitasen:
 > I've found the issue but now I'm facing a new one :)

What was the cause?

> I've discover that the machien are logging agaisnt the remote DC
> instead of the local one. I stopped the remote DC and now the profiles
> works.
>
> If there a way to set a priority of something to always use the local
> DC? O just a few firewall rules to block access from the WKS to the
> remote DC?

I'm not an expert in that, as I haven't setup sites and subnets in AD
yet. But clients determine their authentication DC by querying DNS.

Have you configured subnets/sites in AD?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306602

If you got it work, it would be great if you can share it here.

Regards,
Marc