[Samba] Variable expansion and samba 4 AD

Thoralf Schulze tschulze at deutsche-kinemathek.de
Mon Feb 3 04:19:56 MST 2014

hi,

On 02/03/2014 03:07 AM, john wrote:
> Ive been running a samba3 ntdomain for some time on the home lan ,
> with samba4 filtering through in debian, i started playing with a
> Samba 4 AD/DC got it running in virtualbox, but my running server
> uses things like includes based on %L and %u and also share
> visibility based on some of these but , ive had no luck ,under samba
> 4 AD/DC they do not work, or is this a case of debian doing odd
> things ?

i also noted that

     log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

does not work as expected for the samba server itself - the logfile
written by the server is literally "/var/log/samba/%m.log". it does work
for clients, however :-)
this is with an up-to-date 4.1.3+dfsg-2~bpo70+1 form wheezy-backports.

with kind regards,
t.