[Samba] Member Server Setup Assistance

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Wed Dec 31 08:55:59 MST 2014

Hello James,

do you see your users and groups with "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g"?
Did you install "heimdal-clients" to test with "kinit" to get a
Kerberos-Ticket?
Did you put "winbind" behind "passwd" and "group" in /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Idmapping starting with 500:
  idmap config DOMAIN:range = 500-40000
can be a problem because most distributions use UIDs up to 1000 for
local users

Stefan

Am 31.12.14 um 16:42 schrieb James:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> I learned the hard way about .local. I understand going forward.
>
> I do have an issue with the member server. Following along with the
> wiki I get stuck at 'Testing the Winbind user/group mapping'.
> Wbinfo works as expected but not
>
> #*id DomainUser*
>
> #*getent passwd*
>
> #*getent group*
>
> #*chown DomainUser:DomainGroup file*
>
> #*chgrp DomainGroup file*
>
> etc.
>
> I receive 'id: sambauser: No such user'. It will only retrieve
> local machine users. Let me preface by saying this is a Ubuntu
> 12.04 server with Samba 4.1.14.  Thanks.
>
> On 12/31/2014 10:00 AM, Stefan Kania wrote: Hello James,
>
> Am 31.12.2014 um 15:48 schrieb James:> Hello,
> Please show us your smb.conf
>
> Do I need to extend the schema in order for my member server to
> No, you dont have to.
>
> Do I need to configure a
> If your DC is a samba4 DC just copy krb5.conf to your new
> memberserver Stefan
>
> -- Stefan Kania Landweg 13 25693 St. Michaelisdonn
>

> Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren. Signieren Sie
> ihre E-Mail. Weiter Informationen unter http://www.gnupg.org
>
> Mein Schlüssel liegt auf
>
> hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

- --