[Samba] Member Server Setup Assistance

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 08:42:05 MST 2014

Hello Stefan,

     I learned the hard way about .local. I understand going forward.

I do have an issue with the member server. Following along with the wiki
I get stuck at 'Testing the Winbind user/group mapping'. Wbinfo works as
expected but not

#*id DomainUser*

#*getent passwd*

#*getent group*

#*chown DomainUser:DomainGroup file*

#*chgrp DomainGroup file*

etc.

I receive 'id: sambauser: No such user'. It will only retrieve local
machine users. Let me preface by saying this is a Ubuntu 12.04 server
with Samba 4.1.14.  Thanks.

On 12/31/2014 10:00 AM, Stefan Kania wrote:

--
-James