[Samba] Use Samba with ACL for read Active Directory and set Permissions via it.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 02:17:54 MST 2014

Thank you so much but I run below commands on linux :

# net rpc rights grant 'jasondomain\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
# net rpc rights list accounts -Uadministrator

it ask me a password for "administrator:

Enter administrator's password:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

Must I enter windows administrator password?

Thanks.

On Monday, December 29, 2014 5:10 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
On 29/12/14 12:52, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you so much.
>
> I did some changes like below :
>
> /dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_root /                       ext4    user_xattr,acl,defaults        1 1
>

> Then "lsof | grep /dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_root" not have any output.
> I added below lines to [global] section too :
>
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
> map acl inherit = Yes
> store dos attributes = Yes
>
> But about below commands can you tell me more?
>
> net rpc rights grant 'SAMDOM\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
> net rpc rights list accounts -Uadministrator
>
> I hope they are not Dangerous!!!!

No :-)

The first one gives members of Domain Admins the right to change windows
ACL's on a share
The second list accounts and what rights they have.

> In the "https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Windows_ACLs" , the other steps are in Windows!!! Can I doing via Linux too?

Yes, but it is just easier via windows

Rowland