[Samba] 3.x to 4.x (classic PDC) migration & group mapping problems

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Dec 30 11:03:17 MST 2014

Hello Mike,

Am 30.12.2014 um 03:04 schrieb Mike Morris:
> Old configuration was 3.x as PDC, with tdbsam backend. Both NIS and
> winbind are running on the same server (as well as smb and nmb of course).
>
> Since I want the 4.x server role = "classic primary domain controller",
> I started by copying over all the TDBs, secrets, and smb.conf file. It
> is basicall working (for linux and win authentication) but once logged
> in, the available user rights are bizarre.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think "server role =" is only relevant for the
AD DC and all other types are not supported yet. If I'm right with that,
you can use your smb.conf as it was before (check the release notes of
skipped versions for stuff that has changed, like IDmapping syntax in
>=3.6.0).

Can you try it with your old smb.conf or at least without 'server role'.
Or post it and we're having a look at it.

Regards,
Marc