[Samba] samba_dlz Failed to configure reverse zone

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 30 03:24:50 MST 2014

On 30/12/14 09:24, support at remsnet.de wrote:
> Hello rowland,
>
>> hang on a bit, the Debian link is for bind 9.8.x and the dlz reference
>> is for 9.8.1.dfsg-1.
>>
> I don´t recomend to use Bind 9.8.1 / 9.8.2  anymore - most distro use it but the shuold move due DLZ compile & bind bugs.
> and 9.8  soon goes on end of Life see https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01211/81/BIND-9.8.8-Release-Notes.html

Then why post a link that refers to it ?

>> Rowland
>>
> This just gotten  from the debian "main" aka "Production" bind packages for
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bind9/bind9_9.9.5.dfsg-7.dsc

> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-dlz-dlopen
>
> checking for Berkeley DB DLZ driver... not found
> configure: error: could not find Berkeley DB include directory
> root at app1:/usr/src/BUILD/bind9/bind9-9.9.5.dfsg-dlz#
>
> and gotten same at https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/bind9
> -> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bind9/bind9_9.9.5.dfsg-4~bpo70+1.dsc
>
> Check it yourself if you don´t trust - DLZ dl open support at Debian had been droped OUT.

I don't think it has, I think it is now built in!

This is from the 9.9.0 tarball ( contrib/dlz/example/README):

However, as of BIND 9.8, it is also possible to link some DLZ modules
dynamically at runtime, via the DLZ "dlopen" driver, which acts as a
generic wrapper around a shared object that implements the DLZ API. The
"dlopen" driver is linked into named by default, so configure options are
no longer necessary.

Rowland