[Samba] Odd Samba/btrfs AD member server problem - SOLVED

Moby moby at mobsternet.com
Mon Dec 29 22:14:28 MST 2014

On 12/29/2014 11:09 PM, Moby wrote:

> On 12/29/2014 07:34 PM, Moby wrote:
>> openSUSE 13.2 machine with btrfs for /
>> Running samba-4.1.14-3.3.x86_64.
>> Samba is configured to have the server act as a member server in a
>> Windows Activedirectory domain.
>> wbinfo -u and getent passwd work fine.  getent passwd shows local and
>> domain users.
>>
>> However, setfacl -n -R -m u:userX:rwx /testpath fails if userX is a
>> domain user, but succeeds if userX is a local user.  Using different
>> specifications for userX ('domain\userX') still fail.
>>
>> Same testing, with almost identical smb.conf and other settings,
>> works just fine on a opensuse 13.1 machine with ext4 running
>> samba-4.1.14-3.2.i586
>>
>> Any ideas or help in resolving the failure on opensuse 13.2 are much
>> appreciated.
>>
> Just tried wbinfo, getent etc all work for users and groups, the
> command id <domain user> fails with No such user.  Not sure what that
> adds, but just found that out.

Restarting nscd fixed it!  I stopped nscd, then restarted smb, winbind,
and nmb, and everything started working.  Then I started nscd and
everything is still working.

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin