[Samba] Use Samba with ACL for read Active Directory and set Permissions via it.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 05:52:54 MST 2014

Thank you so much.

I did some changes like below :

/dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_root /                       ext4    user_xattr,acl,defaults	    1 1

Then "lsof | grep /dev/mapper/vg_print-lv_root" not have any output.
I added below lines to [global] section too :

vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes
store dos attributes = Yes

But about below commands can you tell me more?

net rpc rights grant 'SAMDOM\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -Uadministrator
net rpc rights list accounts -Uadministrator

I hope they are not Dangerous!!!!

In the "https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Windows_ACLs" , the other steps are in Windows!!! Can I doing via Linux too?

Thanks.

On Monday, December 29, 2014 1:59 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
On 29/12/14 06:38, Jason Long wrote:
> [...]
> security = ADS
> realm = JASONDOMAINI.JASONDOMAIN.JJ
> passdb backend = tdbsam
> load printers = yes
> cups options = raw
> idmap config *:backend = tdb
> idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
> #idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
> idmap config JASONDOMAINI:backend = ad
> idmap config JASONDOMAINI:schema_mode = rfc2307
> idmap config JASONDOMAINI:range = 500-40000
>

> When I use "SSH" on my CentOS and enter "jasondomain\jason", It show me the root partition and I can open "Test" directory But it has two problems :
>
> 1- Why it show root partition?
> 2- I can't browse it via Windows explorer!!!
>
> I want to know use AD users in Linux is Hard?
>
> In your opinion I used a correct command to set ACL?
>
> #getfacl test/
>

> # file: test/
> # owner: JASONDOMAINI\134JASON
> # group: JASONDOMAINI\134grp-JASON-rw
> user::rwx
> group::r-x
> group:JASONDOMAINI\134grp-JASON-rw:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::r-x
>

> and in "getent group" it show me below group :
>
> JASONDOMAINI\134grp-JASON-rw
>

> in your idea, Am I use correct command to set permission?
>

> On Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:37 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 28/12/14 15:48, Jason Long wrote:
>> Thank you so much.
>> Thus I must change "idmap config JASONDOMAIN.JJ:backend = ad " to "idmap config JASONDOMAIN:backend = ad".
>> How about Workgroup? is must change "JASONDOMAIN" too?
>> About your question I must say that I Test this share via Linux too and Windows and Linux has same problem.
>>
>> About "What I would do is, install the OpenSSH server on the linux machine, install 'PUTTY' on a windows machine and try to login via 'PUTTY' and use the SSH protocol." , You mean is that Windows clients use SSH to work with this directory? I want to made this Linux Box as a File server and Windows Clients need graphical browser to copy and paste file into this directory!!!!!!!
>> What is your idea?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I am loosing track here a bit, but if your dns domain is example.com,
> then your windows AD realm should be something like internal.example.com
> and your workgroup/domain name should be INTERNAL, that is, they all
> rely on each other.
>
> So anywhere that you come across these, you should use the relevant one,
> this is the relevant parts from a Unix client on my domain:
>
> [global]
>           workgroup = INTERNAL
>           security = ADS
>           realm = INTERNAL.EXAMPLE.COM
>           idmap config * : backend = tdb
>           idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
>           idmap config INTERNAL : backend  = ad
>           idmap config INTERNAL : range = 10000-999999
>           idmap config INTERNAL : schema_mode = rfc2307
>
> As for using 'PUTTY', this was just a way of testing whether you can

OK, we are getting closer

right, answers to your questions
1) I think that you may find that this is also printed 'Could not chdir
to home directory', in which case you will end up in the root of computer.

2) Are you running the 'nmbd' daemon ? Even if this is not running you
should be able to navigate to the share by entering the path. Have a
look here: