[Samba] Account not authorized for remote login

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Dec 27 07:51:11 MST 2014

Hello Jacek,

Am 26.12.2014 um 18:15 schrieb jacek burghardt:
> I setup gpo policy to allow users connection to remote desktop. I had added
> two users to remote desktop group and those two users have no issues log in
> into remote desktop server 2012 that is joined to samba. I just added new
> user to remote desktop user group but he is not authorized . I wonder if I
> am doing something wrong or there is samba bug

I see no problem here. I'm running a 2012R2 RDP server at work without
any problems. A Samba AD group is member of the local Remote Desktop
Users group on the server. So I have a global place - the AD group -
where I administer who is allowed to login. And this works fine.

Have you checked the event log on Windows for errors? Please give more
details about your environment and how you configured the working users
and the ones not working. Do you have any deny policies, that may
prevent users/groups from login?

I think this is a question better placed in a MS forum. :-)

Regards,
Marc