[Samba] Use Samba with ACL for read Active Directory and set Permissions via it.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 04:58:02 MST 2014

Excuse me, If you looked at "smb.conf", you can understand that I change my domain and account. I forgot to tell it.

     On Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:55 AM, Jason Long <hack3rcon at yahoo.com> wrote:

 You right. I joined my Linux box into Windows domain.Of course. I attached my "smb.conf". Can you see it?

     On Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:36 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

 On 27/12/14 06:44, Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you so much.
> No, I'm not. I joined my linux to Windows domain because of AD. I can define some users in my Linux and Windows clients use it to open share and ... but my problem is that I have a lot of users and groups and Redefine all of them in Linux is a little silly :(. I joined my Linux to Windows domain because of use AD users and groups.
>
> About your question :
> "Where did you setup the password for 'jasondomain\jason'?  Again, if you
> didn't set a password, more modern versions of windows won't allow you to
> login (or attach a share) remotely."
>
> I must say that "jason" is defined in AD on Windows OS and I use it for login into Linux.
>

> "You don't say what happens when you try to open 'test'.  You say it can't let you?  What error message does it give you? "
> It don't show me any error and just show Login Windows again :(.
>

> On Friday, December 26, 2014 2:35 PM, Linda W <samba at tlinx.org> wrote:
> Jason Long wrote:
>> Hello Folks.
>> How are you?
>>
>> I joined my CentOS into Windows Domain and I want to give Permission to files and Directory via Active Directory. When I use "getent passwd" and "getent group", I can see All AD users and Groups. I use below command to give Permission to a Folder via ACL :
>>
>> setfacl -m g:"jasondomain\jason-rw":rwx /home/local/jasondomain/jason/test
>>
>> and I create a part for my "smb.conf" file :
>>
>> [Test]
>> comment = test
>> path = /home/local/jasondomain/jason/test
>> browsable = yes
>> inherit acls = yes
>> inherit permissions = yes
>> inherit owner = yes
>> map acl inherit = yes
>> acl check permissions = yes
>> nt acl support = yes
>> #valid users = %D\%S
>> #write list = @jasondomain\domain^admins
>> read only = no
>>

>> but when I browse the "Test" directory it ask me username and password and when I enter "jasondomain\jason" as username it can't let me to open the "Test" directory. What is the problem?
>>
> ----
>      Are you already logged into the server under different credentials,
> like 'WORKGROUP', jason (i.e. do you already have some shares mounted?)
>
> If I remember, Windows won't allow the same workstation to connect under
> two different user id's.  If you already have something mounted from your
> workstation with different credentials, you need to close (unmount / unmap)
> those other connections.
>
> Where did you setup the password for 'jasondomain\jason'?  Again, if you
> didn't set a password, more modern versions of windows won't allow you to
> login (or attach a share) remotely.
>
> You don't say what happens when you try to open 'test'.  You say it
>
> can't let
> you?  What error message does it give you?

OK, If I understand you correctly, you have setup samba on a Centos
machine and joined it to a windows machine, is this correct ?

Could you post the entire smb.conf from your Centos machine.

Rowland