[Samba] Use Samba with ACL for read Active Directory and set Permissions via it.

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Fri Dec 26 15:35:12 MST 2014

Jason Long wrote:
> Hello Folks.
> How are you?
>
> I joined my CentOS into Windows Domain and I want to give Permission to files and Directory via Active Directory. When I use "getent passwd" and "getent group", I can see All AD users and Groups. I use below command to give Permission to a Folder via ACL :
>
> setfacl -m g:"jasondomain\jason-rw":rwx /home/local/jasondomain/jason/test
>
> and I create a part for my "smb.conf" file :
>
> [Test]
> comment = test
> path = /home/local/jasondomain/jason/test
> browsable = yes
> inherit acls = yes
> inherit permissions = yes
> inherit owner = yes
> map acl inherit = yes
> acl check permissions = yes
> nt acl support = yes
> #valid users = %D\%S
> #write list = @jasondomain\domain^admins
> read only = no
>

> but when I browse the "Test" directory it ask me username and password and when I enter "jasondomain\jason" as username it can't let me to open the "Test" directory. What is the problem?

----
    Are you already logged into the server under different credentials,
like 'WORKGROUP', jason (i.e. do you already have some shares mounted?)

If I remember, Windows won't allow the same workstation to connect under
two different user id's.  If you already have something mounted from your
workstation with different credentials, you need to close (unmount / unmap)
those other connections.

Where did you setup the password for 'jasondomain\jason'?  Again, if you
didn't set a password, more modern versions of windows won't allow you to
login (or attach a share) remotely.

You don't say what happens when you try to open 'test'.  You say it
can't let
you?  What error message does it give you?