[Samba] Trouble accessing guest Samba share with another computer joined to a different domain

Andrew Peng pengc99 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 12:01:36 MST 2014

Here's the scenario I'm experiencing:

Laptop - joined to a corporate domain that enforces smart card
authentication

Home NAS - running Samba with a guest share for home users

When I try to access the NAS share from my laptop, it pops up an error
saying "<network path> is not accessable. An unexpected network error
occurred."

I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting this.

Looking for some help - I know my way around Linux decently. NAS is a
Debian 6.0.5 machine running Samba 3.5.6