[Samba] upgrade from 4.1.9 to 4.1.13

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Dec 24 02:23:03 MST 2014

Hello David,

Am 24.12.2014 um 08:52 schrieb David Bear:
> I went through the upgrade process describe here
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba
>
> after grabbing the samba 4.1.13 source I configured, make and make
> installed the new source over the top of my existing 4.1.9 code.
>
> I expected that the install would copy over the top of existing python and
> binaries but this seems to not be the case. My first clue was  running

Did you used exactly the same ./configure options, like in the 4.1.9
build? Then Samba and its libraries will be installed into the same
directories, like it was before and replaces everything.

It looks like, some parameters were different and you're still trying to
start the old binary.

Can you start
# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba
directly (bypass your $PATH variable). Or where ever you have it installed.

> Is there some clean command in the make install step that I can use ? Or is
> there some listing of files that I should clean before make install ?

There's a "make uninstall". I never used it. After a backup, you can try
it and then install the old version over or reinstall 4.1.13 with the
same ./configure options, like 4.1.9 had.

Regards,
Marc