[Samba] Samba 4: Modify group members with LDAP

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Mon Dec 22 22:41:27 MST 2014

I'm wanting to change group members by writing to the Active Directory
using perl Net::LDAP.

I noticed that AD groups have the LDAP objects "member" to list the user
who is a member of this group.  The user object then has the LDAP object
"memberOf" to record the groups the user is a member of.

I'm wondering if their is a mechanism in Samba AD that sets on of these if
the other is set?  That is, if I set all user members for a given group,
will active directory update the user "memberOf" attribute?

Thanks,

--
Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali SME Server
www.koozali.org

SME Server user, contributor, and community member since 2000