[Samba] RPC Server Unavailable Message

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:55:12 MST 2014

On 22/12/14 17:26, Asai wrote:
> I don't know the difference between ntvfs and s3fs. Which one should I
> use for folder redirection?

ntvfs was written to for S4 but it was decided that it would not be used
as it didn't have the capabilities required, so smbd from S3 was used
instead. So in answer to your question, use s3fs.

> localhost isn't the name of the ad dc, at least that's not what I
> intended.  How do I change it without reprovisioning?  Can you provide
> a link to some documentation?

So how did 'LOCALHOST' get into your smb.conf? Have you altered smb.conf
yourself, or is it a case of not setting up DNS (/etc/hosts,
resolv.conf, etc) correctly before the provision.

I cannot provide a link to any documentation, this is because, I don't
know of any, I don't think it would be very easy to change it in AD, you
would have to change every instance of 'LOCALHOST' to your new name and
probably a lot of other links. It will probably be easier to start again.

Rowland