[Samba] Is there have simplest way to make domain users which in remote desktop group can remote/local logon the workstation ?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Dec 22 01:05:31 MST 2014

Am 22.12.2014 um 08:27 schrieb Dongsheng Song:
>> If you put the domain users in the remote desktop users group on a Samba
>> DC, nothing will happen. Your *nix OS on the DC doesn't have any service
>> that allows RDP login on your *nix DC, for sure. :-)
>>

> Thanks, Restricted Groups works for me. Are you mean the remote
> desktop users group only apply on the local machine, not all the
> domain computers ?

The restricted groups are applied to any computer you define it on. If
you configure the GPO on the domain policy, then it's valid domain wide.
If only for a single OU, then just there.

There are many tutorials on the internet about restricted groups,
explaing it in detail and how/where it works.

Regards,
Marc