[Samba] Home auto creation

Everton Cordeiro cordeiroef at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:22:56 MST 2014

At the institution where I work, we have created a GPO to create and mount
the directories persons from users, follows the script.

create the file name.vbs with the content

Option Explicit
Dim objNetwork, objShell, wshShell, wshell, strDesktop, oShellLink, user1,
FileClass, Directory
Dim strDriveLetter, strRemotePath, strUserName, strNewName

Set wshell = createobject("wscript.network")
user1 = wshell.username

Set FileClass = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Directory = "\\server\usuarios\" & user1

If FileClass.FolderExists (Directory) = False Then
FileClass.CreateFolder (Directory)
End If

strDriveLetter = "N:"
strRemotePath = "\\server\usuarios"
strNewName = "Diretorio Pessoal"

Set objNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")

strUserName = objNetwork.UserName
objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveLetter, strRemotePath _
& "\" & strUserName

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.NameSpace(strDriveLetter).Self.Name = strNewName

strDesktop = WshShell.specialfolders ("Desktop")
set oShellLink = WshShell.CreateShortcut (strDesktop & "\Diretorio
Pessoal.lnk")
oShellLink.targetPath = "N:"
oShellLink.Save

WScript.Quit