[Samba] setfacl: Option -m: Invalid argument near character 3

Tim rintimtim at gmx.net
Sat Dec 20 01:43:44 MST 2014

I also have two DCs and I am using them also as filers.
Built-In users and groups are normally mapped by idmap.ldb

I also got issues with mapping of built-in users. I needed the same idmap.ldb on both of my DCs.
I also don't see these groups by hitting getent group.

I followed another stragedy: Every new group that will have filesystem access has a name starting with GGF (Group Global File). These new GGF groups all have rfc2307 attributes. Built-In groups are members of these GGF groups if needed. It's just a kind of naming convention.

Users will always have rfc2307 attributes due to file system access like profiles or home.

It's a workaround but it works fine for me.