[Samba] RPC Server Unavailable Message

Asai asai at globalchange.media
Fri Dec 19 12:10:35 MST 2014

Greetings,

We've been testing Sernet Samba AD and are running into trouble with the
RPC server unavailable message when trying to edit group policy and
manage users with Windows 8.1.  Upon restarting the service, we can
connect to the RPC server, but after 24 hours or less, we can no longer
connect.  I've been trying to find more information about this issue,
which was apparently fixed awhile back, but I can't really find much on
it.  Please let me know how I can help resolve this issue.

Our smb.conf is as follows:
# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = AVALON
         realm = AVALON.LOCAL
         netbios name = LOCALHOST
         server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, smb
         dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         #kerberos method = system keytab

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/avalon.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No