[Samba] [SAMBA] My smb.conf of samba4 as classic primary domain controller

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 07:42:00 MST 2014

Hello guys,

As I posted here on the list, I am testing the Samba4 with an external ldap
we have in production. I've done several other questions and as always, was
very well attended.

In my lab tests, at first everything seems to be working properly.

1. I set the Samba4 as "classic primary domain controller." *smb.conf in
the pastebin link*.
2. I set up an external ldap, with the base equal what we have in
production here on campus.
3. I set up an bind9 as DNS server.

There's not much on the net and not in the samba wiki about how I configure
Samba4 as classic primary domain controller. I'm researching and trying to
adapt gradually.

I tried to enter a machine with windows xp in the field. When was shown the
login and password window, I put the login and password of a user who is in
the ldap base, and there was the error that the non-existent username or
password is incorrect.

This problem is of the samba or ldap?

I wonder too, is if my smb.conf is ok, if needed put something or remove
something.

What do you say?

Thank you in advance!

smb.conf: http://pastebin.com/eCh1aDYp