[Samba] Samba 4 problems

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop+samba at wynn.com
Thu Dec 18 11:09:17 MST 2014

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:49:28 -0800
Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

        winbind trusted domains only = yes

> >         server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> > winbind,  nt p_signd, kcc, smb
>
> Remove 'smb' from this line. In fact, remove this line
> completely. Where did you find docs telling you to add
> this to the smb.conf ?

I am not sure where that came from.  The install was from FreeBSD ports
and much to my surprise it did not install a sample smb4.conf file, so
I went casting about the internet and came up with what I posted here,
but I do not remember where I found this.

Removing the line above produced a totally non-working samba install:

ivory:~ wynkoop$ smbclient -L sambahost
Error connecting to X.X.X.X (Connection refused)
Connection to sambahost failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)
ivory:~ wynkoop$

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

A free people ought to be armed. - George Washington