[Samba] ADDC and fileserver

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Dec 18 06:00:05 MST 2014

On 2014-12-18 13:23, Daniel Müller wrote:
> AS long as yiu use the samba4 ADDC as as ingle Server you can use it as
> fileserver too.

And don't mind login being mostly broken due to winbind4 being
incomplete, maybe.

It's for now the best setup, yes, as the samba4 ADDC components cannot
fully replace the samba3 components used on member servers yet (e.g.
winbind).

Of course, you can (and in most cases should) put both as virtual
machines on the same host.

> But how does it work concerning
> the "home-shares" of users ? Are those also on the member-server ? So that
> needs to be configured with the user-manager ?

I think you might be able to use DFS proxying instead, but this would be
the cleanest solution.