[Samba] Fwd: samba & Oracle ACFS Issues

Wed Dec 17 00:32:19 MST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:50:10PM +0100, Nacho del Rey wrote:
> Hi Volker and many thanks for your response
>
> According to your questions
>
> >Please remove the SO_RCVBUF and SO_SNDBUF entries.
> >Oh, that's ancient. Do you have any possibility to move to
> >"security=user"?
>                  The smb.conf file was inherited from HP-UX system. Ok,
> I'll remove them
>
> >Did you try "posix locking = no"? That is mostly criticial
> >if you are exporting files from a file system with
> >unreliable locking like for example NFS.
>
>           There is no NFS at all over the fs. It is only ACFS + samba. We
> tried to disable any interference with posix locks over the ACFS, so the
> parameter was set to no. Is it right?

In your smb.conf, it was set to yes, that's why I was
asking. Setting "posix locking = no" is the right thing to
do in this case. I mentioned NFS just as an example of a
file system where locking can be problematic. It sounds like
ACFS also could have problems here, thus the analogy.

> >Can you see what the smbd hosting such a blocked client does?
> >If it is in D state (according to ps u), it sits in the
> >kernel. If not, you could try stracing the process (strace
> >-ttT -p <pid>) and see what it does. gstack <pid> also helps
> >often.
>
>    We got the following strace over the samba process 'locked'

The strace looks innocent. Have you been able to see what
state the process was in while the client was blocked?

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de