[Samba] Not using AD group when writing file

Carl Carpenter ccarpenter at hillcountry.org
Tue Dec 16 13:57:38 MST 2014

On 16/12/14 17:35, Carl Carpenter wrote:

Forgot to mention that the permissions are also incorrect.  They are
supposed to be 775 but come out as 744.

Carl Carpenter
Director, Information Services
Hill Country MHDD Centers
(830)258-5414 or ext. 2038

On 12/11/2014 4:13 PM, Carl Carpenter wrote:

Per your request

   [global]
         workgroup = HCCMHMRC
         realm = HILLCOUNTRY.LOCAL
         server string = Samba Server Version %v
         security = ADS
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         wins server = 192.168.0.7
         default service = global
         template homedir = /home/HCCMHMRC
         template shell = /bin/bash
         winbind enum users = Yes
         winbind enum groups = Yes
         winbind use default domain = Yes
         idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
         idmap config * : backend = tdb
         cups options = raw

[Intranet]
         path = /home/Intranet
         valid users = @intranet
         read only = No

Not sure what you mean by ACL on the folder but here's this:

drwxrwxr-x   6 apache intranet 4096 Dec 10 14:34 Intranet