[Samba] Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

Tim rintimtim at gmx.net
Fri Dec 12 13:31:43 MST 2014

My idea is similar. Today I didn't had the time to go on.

But this my concept and it works with a short script (example for groups):

DC1 (schema master)
for loop on wbinfo -g will
check if rfc2307 info is null for these groups in AD (ldbsearch)
when rfc2307 gid is equal to wbinfo --group-info | cut -d: -f3 then exit
else update rfc2307 info by importing created ldif file (ldbmodify)

To get this faster an extra file with set rfc2307 gids will be needed and needs to be updated.

For failover reasons idmap.ldp should be synced to secondary DCs or if possible its max gid number should be updated on secondary DCs.

Regards
Tim