[Samba] Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Dec 11 15:25:58 MST 2014

On 11/12/14 23:15, Tim wrote:
> Thanks Steve,
>
> I will have a look at it. I think it's important to sync the idmap.ldb
> limits

It isn't important. The limits are the same on all DCs, even if you have
not copied the idmap database anywhere else. All you need to do is write
the uidNumber and the gidNumber to the DN of your new users and groups.
There are many ways of keeping track of
what-the-next-uidNumber-should-be, which I think is your real problem.
Using the idmap database in a rfc2307 provisioned domain is not one of them.
Have a rethink.
Cheers,
Steve