[Samba] Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Dec 11 15:53:25 MST 2014

On 11/12/14 23:35, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 11/12/14 22:15, Tim wrote:
>> Thanks Steve,
>>
>> I will have a look at it. I think it's important to sync the idmap.ldb
>> limits because in case of a crash of the schema master DC another DC
>> must be seized and may not reassign already used ids in rfc2307 for
>> new users or groups.

>>> the rfc2307. All secondary DCs will replicate this by DRS.
>>> The limits are held at:
>>> dn: CN=CONFIG
>>> But you told us that you had gone with rfc2307. In which case nothing
>>> new will be written there, so that is no use to you.
>>>
>>> Please post your non ADUC method anyway.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>
>>> --
>
> I have to see this non ADUC method for setting rfc2307 attributes, I
> think the OP is altering idmap.ldb, something that has **NO** rfc2307
> attributes in it.
>
> Rowland

We think the biggest setback to date is the misconception that new users
are written to the idmap db. You could store the users there, even if
you have rfc2307 specified as the OP has, but you still need to transfer
them to the ad db to be replicated.

BTW, the OPs nss is with sssd. Do we have sssd.conf?

I think we're close to nailing this one now.