[Samba] Samba 4 two DCs no matching UID/GID

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Dec 9 23:52:32 MST 2014

On 09/12/14 23:49, Tim wrote:
> But will this idmap.ldb change work for upcoming new users or groups so that uid/gid will not be different?
Hi
No. You have specified rfc2307 so the DC expects the uidNumber and
gidNumber attributes to be stored under the DN of your users and groups.
You can do this easily when you create the objects with samba-tool. If
you have some already, add the attributes using ldbedit. You will also
need to adjust where your nss information. We have already tried to help
you with this, but you have not replied. It is very difficult for us to
help you with the information you have supplied as e need to make
several guesses as to what you have done.
Cheers,
Steve