[Samba] Host based access control?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Dec 8 10:30:13 MST 2014

Hello John,

Am 08.12.2014 um 18:22 schrieb John Lewis:
> I am talking about using the Samba4-ad-dc in conjunction with PAM or
> some other method I haven't thought of to prevent users from logging on
> to certain servers.

You can't do this with GPO, because nothing on the server can interpret
the GPO stuff. And I don't recommend to change the directory ACLs for that!

You can configure PAM to allow local/remote logins only for members of
an (LDAP) group. There are many tutorials about that on the internet.

Regards,
Marc