[Samba] Sernet-samba install on Ubuntu in detail

Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Sat Dec 6 14:18:03 MST 2014

Here is what installs:

apt-get install sernet-samba-ad
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
 libavahi-client3 libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libcups2 libdm0
 libfam0 libwbclient0 sernet-samba sernet-samba-client
sernet-samba-common
 sernet-samba-libs sernet-samba-libsmbclient0 sernet-samba-winbind
xfsdump
 xfsprogs
Suggested packages:
 cups-common fam acl attr quota
 libavahi-client3 libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libcups2 libdm0
 libfam0 libwbclient0 sernet-samba sernet-samba-ad sernet-samba-client
 sernet-samba-common sernet-samba-libs sernet-samba-libsmbclient0
 sernet-samba-winbind xfsdump xfsprogs
0 upgraded, 16 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 10.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 58.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I am not seeing any krb5, for starters! I think I will need to add acl
and attr?
--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)