[Samba] sernet samba4 on Ubuntu

Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Sat Dec 6 12:00:13 MST 2014

Did, as su "apt-get install sernet-samba-ad" (after adding source to
repositories.)

(Have a test setup on CentOS 6.6 running but it is Samba 4.3.0 ** from
git. Would prefer Samba version not so new as 4.3.0 so, want to change
to Ubuntu.)
---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2014-12-06 12:49, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 06/12/14 18:21, Donelson Trophy wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to install EnterpriseSamba (Sernet) on a Ubuntu 14.04.1LTS server. I finding it a challenge to determine the proper installation and configuration procedures with sernet-samba. There are no (at least I cannot find them) how-to's or instructions or readme on the sernet download website. Any ideas where to find such or guidance? (I post this here because I seem to remember someone suggesting (to one of my previous posts) that I should try sernet on pick my OS.)
>
> How do you want to set it up ? AD DC or as a 'classic' server ?
>
> Rowland

Links:
------
[1] http://www.donelsontrophy.com