[Samba] guest user prompt for user name password

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 6 08:24:15 MST 2014

On 06/12/14 15:16, jacek burghardt wrote:
> So i remember from setting other samba server that guest access did
> not work until I joined that samba server to windows 2012.
> It copied policy and guest user allowed guest surfing. so can I add
> user guest without password ?

ER, we have been here once already, if you are running samba4 as an AD
DC, you already have a user called 'Guest'. This is not the problem, it
is something to do with the actual samba code (I think), unless the code
required has been added since the post I referred you to was written,
then I do not think that guest access to an AD DC will work.

Rowland