[Samba] Wiki Samba Readme First [was: OpenLDAP proxy to samba4 AD]

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Dec 6 08:07:30 MST 2014

Hello Rowland,

Am 06.12.2014 um 15:49 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> Note to Marc, can we put a link to this on main wiki page ? the page
> seems to be protected.

Yes. I think, this is reasonable.

I haven't read in detail yet, but maybe some minor changes should be
done. What do you think?

* Title "Samba 4.x Readme First" is more suitable
* "Samba 4 is work in progress, use only the very latest version." This
might sound like "unstable" or "not ready for production use", to some
users. We should more clarify what was ment.
* vfs objects section: Is this a general behaviour or just something,
that came up with Samba 4 or Samba4 on a DC/Member/PDC and was different
on 3x?

I think, we should review and refresh he page a bit and then link it to
the front page. Let me have a look at it during the next days.

Regards,
Marc