[Samba] Adding 2012r2 Server to Samba4 domain and then promote it to primary domain controller?

Brandon Nishan bnishan at HerrickTechLabs.onmicrosoft.com
Fri Dec 5 08:44:54 MST 2014

I'd like to gauge whether this is possible and/or worth doing as opposed to starting a fresh domain on the 2012r2 server and migrating users over from the old samba4 domain. We will need Exchange 2013 and official Windows support, which is why we are making the move from the samba dc to Server 2012r2. I've been trying to find information on this, but I'm seeing information on promoting a samba4 server to domain controller rather than moving from samba4 to Windows Server 2012r2.

-Brandon