[Samba] machine accounts

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:07:48 MST 2014

On 04/12/14 16:44, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> Do you mean you want to have a Linux machine running Samba as a
> standalone server?
>
> If the machine is not part of the domain, you should not need a local
> machine account.  However you will need to define local user samba
> accounts which will need to correspond to a local unix account.
>
> On 12/04/14 11:35, jacek burghardt wrote:
>> How I can add machine account to samba using ssh so user can login on
>> that
>> machine without having to rejoin samba domain. Machine had been
>> joined to
>> domain controller server 2012

The last I heard from this guy, he was running Samba 4 as an AD DC, now
he seems to have joined to a windows 2012 server, he is also having
problems using samba4 with OpenChange (over on the Sogo mailing list).
Now he wants to ssh into a machine running samba and requires help, he
isn't supplying any further info and expects somebody to magically tell
him exactly what to do.

 From what he has posted previously, English is not his first language,
so you can make allowances for that, but his queries are basically not
understandable.

I think he needs to find someone whose English is a lot better than his
before he posts again. He then needs to tells us just how he is running
samba4, provide the usual conf files etc and just what he wants to do.

Rowland