[Samba] guess account

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:09:58 MST 2014

On 02/12/14 18:36, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I had followed this
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba_4_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
>
> I provisioned by issuing this command :
> samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive --use-xattrs=yes
> It seems that windows domain controller has no password users such as
> guest

OK, so you now have a samba4 AD DC, install ldb-tools (ldbsearch,
ldbedit, ldbmodify) on the Samba AD DC,  and then (as root) run this
command:

ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "DC=example,DC=com"
'(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=Guest))'

Where '/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb' is the path to sam.ldb on your DC
and "DC=example,DC=com" is your AD suffix.

It should print the record of the AD Guest user.

Rowland